Module wrap Up: Individual Reflection


1.     Presentation Showcase

My team includes Cheryl, Christine and Tricia and we also known as the “Happy Tree”. Our team’s topic was “Improving Personalized Services in Singapore Spas”. We decided on this topic after identifying the service failures in Singapore Spas through our personal experiences and research. Our team worked unanimously with everyone contributing significantly to the project. Additionally, our biggest challenge was to coordinate the report together as there were just so much to write within a limited word count. However, we managed to complete our given tasks promptly.

My main role in the project was to choreograph the training video and arrange the interviews with the respective spa personnel. My team had a lot of ideas and it was real fun filming the video and I ended up learning new things about my teammates which is something I value. I aimed to put on a great show during our class presentation and was very pleased when my team was asked to present at the showcase to represent group 3.  

Despite the excitement, we felt nervous to present to a large audience which we ultimately managed to. We were even more surprised when we received the 2nd Prize for the showcase presentation as competition was tough. I strongly believe that our team work and confidence contributed significantly to the situation.

This showcase enabled me to gain a new experience and I am glad that I was able to deliver a good presentation. I personally feel that Brad’s classes helped me in a way as we were asked to communicate with new people in class, enabling us to be more confident. It was a good approach by the CPD team to initiate this showcase as it gave us all different perspectives on service excellence.



2.     Showcase Committee

It was a pleasure organizing the presentation showcase alongside 18 other schoolmates as it was my first time doing so in SIT. Given a very tight schedule, most of us couldn’t completely focus on the event and preparations only began a few days prior to the event. Nevertheless, I personally felt that everyone came together and managed to put on a great show.

I was also given the role to chair the committee and I feel very thankful to have been given the opportunity to do so. I got to know some of my schoolmates better and learnt about their strengths through this event. My responsibilities involved me allocating roles for everyone in the committee and assisting with the programme flow. We were fortunate to not face much hiccups while preparing for the event as everyone managed to work well together.

My biggest takeaway from this event would be understanding how important remaining positive is. I am not a person who works well under stress and while I was nervous about my own presentation, I felt pretty stressed. However, I constantly smiled, said “great job” and thanked everyone who rendered their help during the showcase. Every time I did so, I felt that I managed to lighten both their and my mood. This would be something I would surely continue to do when I organize events again in the future.




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this fine last reflection. I appreciate the sharing in terms of your dual roles in the showcase. It was interesting that, when we first discussed your willingness to participate on the organizing committee, we couldn't have predicted that your team would also then be presenting. What's amazing is that, on both accounts, you handled the responsibility and accompanying stress admirably. To top it off, your Happy Tree team performed in great measure, and indeed, with apparent confidence.

    Honestly, this term has been a busy one for many of us. As you're well aware, besides my teaching, responding to students, coordinating modules, and other activites, I'm also heavily involved in a major university programme, the Mapletree Challenge. What I truly appreciate from you is that, right from the start of not just the showcase planning but also the weekly work in the module itself, you came across as professional in your approach (to whichever assigned task), responsible in execution, and trustworthy in terms of deliverables. For me the fact that Happy Tree excelled and the showcase proved successful has as much to do with what you brought to the table as anyone else, your sensei included.

    If I were any spa owner in Singapore or elsewhere, I couldn't think of a better person to put in charge. Kudos to you, Swathi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad for your kind words and guidance throughout this trimester. I have learnt a lot from your lessons and wish you all the best with the upcoming trimesters! :))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-introduction and Expectations

Interpersonal Communication Issue

Reflection: Skills on Wheels