Reflection: Skills on Wheels


For the micro-module, Skills on Wheels, I had chosen to complete the following 2 modules:

1.     Handle Face-to-Face Interview
2.     Converse with Confidence

I felt that these two were the most relatable topics I would need to master before my IWSP which would be commencing next month. As someone who is always nervous before interviews, I knew I had to definitely learn more about handling face-to-face interviews better. Meanwhile, confidence in school I very different from confidence at work as it is a totally new environment and I wanted to learn more about communicating with confidence. The Skills on Wheels platform was useful as it provided videos, slides and quizzes to enhance learning.

Handling face-to-face interview module was interesting as it didn’t not just cover the essentials of what to do during an interview. The module covered details how to prepare for an interview and what to do after an interview. These are aspects that many of us fail to understand before attending interviews and this module enables the ability to learn something new. Additionally, I usually do not take not of a company’s social media accounts and financial reports before attending interviews, but this module taught me the benefits of doing so.

I also chose the converse with confidence module which elaborates on how to communicate well with others confidently. I personally feel that this is a crucial module everyone should choose as it discusses a very important subject – communication. I feel like communication is the foundation in the service industry and this module provides a lot of details about it. Small group discussion was covered in this module and I think it is very relevant for all of us who are going for IWSP, as we would tend to be involved in small group discussions. It was very informative and I feel that I now better understand on how to speak in front of others during discussions and what to look out for as well.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Swathi, for this detailed reflection on your own communication needs and how those align with content in the two modules you studied in Skills on Wheels (SOW). I'm happy to hear so much positive about your learning experience.

    At the same time, I'd like to know if there was any negative aspect to the web learning modules in terms of layout, accessiblity, etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad,

      I would not say there were any negative aspects. The only thing that I personally feel could be improved would be the display of information. Some information was cluttered and seemed pretty messy. That was the only downfall i noticed.

      Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the additional info.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Swathi! I am really glad that you learned something through the module and I hope it will come in handy for you in the future. I must agree with you that communication is indeed crucial in the service industry as we faced customers everyday. Having great communication skills will definitely be helpful in building relationship in school and even in your future career. All the best for your IWSP!

    Regards,
    Xenia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-introduction and Expectations

Interpersonal Communication Issue